Chuck Close is "illy" - Paintings and Tapestries from 2005-2009 on view at PaceWildenstein 25th Street May 1 – June 20, 2009

NEW YORK, April 17, 2009—PaceWildenstein, which has represented Chuck Close for more than thirty years, is pleased to present Chuck Close: Selected Paintings and Tapestries, 2005-2009 from May 1through June 20, 2009 at 534 West 25th Street, New York City. This is the first New York exhibition in four years to feature the artist’s paintings, and the first to include a large selection of his tapestries. I was at the opening reception held on Thursday, April 30th from 6-8 p.m. And here are some shots I took with the I-Phizzy.

Chuck Close is one of my favorite living artists, his process is something I really admire and respect and I call him "the Professor" Chuck uses grids to plot out large format portraits created with shape and color. He's really a beast and I was once again inspired and blown away by his newest show. Special thanks to my good friend Patricia Dillon for the invitation, she has a great photo of me and Chuck out there somewhere, he really seemed like a nice guy...greating eager fans and taking countless flics.

Above in his tapestries Chuck shows us how he shoots the best references for his pieces to then be gridded out like you see below of artist Zhang Huan in which Close had both black 7 white and full color paintings of.


The Bill Clinton piece had me stuck, I had to really chill infront of this one and get it in...check out the difference between the up-close and standing back perspective.

Source info: pacewildenstein

Comments

Whether POP redistribution results in adverse effects in humans remains to be studied, but some data is suggestive. For example, in people whose weight loss was induced by gastric bypass surgery, higher levels of POPs in the blood was associated with lesser health improvements from weight loss.

https://supplementsbook.org/pt-trim-fat-burn/
https://supplementsbook.org/african-lean-belly/
https://supplementsbook.org/essence-of-argan/
Heather Adam said…
Nice bloog thanks for posting

Popular Posts